HealthTip of the Week…
Hope For Infertility
According to a recent report on a local FOX NEWS station, infertility affects more than 6 million women and their partners in the US and many resort to a drug based attempt at a solution. A recent study found that 14 or 15 women were able to conceive after becoming chiropractic patients.
See the newsclip at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVXR31CVlDU
America's Top 10 Most Popular Drugs
The TOP 10 most popular prescribed drugs in 2009 according to Forbes Magazine (May, 2010) are:
1. Hydrocodone/acetaminophen (painkiller)-Over 128 million prescriptions.
2. Simvastatin (high cholesterol)-Over 80 million subscriptions.
3. Lisinopril (high blood pressure)-Over 80 million prescriptions.
4. Levothyroxine sodium (thyroid disorders)-Over 65 million prescriptions.
5. Azithromycin (antibiotic)-Over 53 million prescriptions.
6. Metformin (diabetes)-Over 52 million prescriptions.
7. Lipitor (high cholesterol)-Over 51 million prescriptions.
8. Amlodipine (high blood pressure)-Over 50 million prescriptions.
9. Amoxicillin (antibiotic)-Over 49 million prescriptions.
10. Hydrochlorothiazide (high blood pressure)-Over 47 million prescriptions.
The top 10 most popularly prescribed drugs in the US in 2009 accounted for OVER 650 MILLION PRESCRIPTIONS IN ONE YEAR which is the equivalent of MORE THAN 2 prescriptions for every man, woman and child.
For the next several weeks we will provide you with valuable information on these drugs.
The Bottom Line…The Bottom Line…The Bottom Line…
More and more the public is realizing that the best approach to their health problem may not be inside a drug. And, they are starting to actually understand that developing their health can never be drug based. From time to time, we take the time to provide insight into the most commonly prescribed drugs so that our subscribers will have up to date (often more up to date than the MD that prescribes the drugs) information to help them make informed decisions.